- MVP Match is helping heycar find Senior Backend Engineers. Ultimately you will have a contract with heycar.
- This is a permanent position. NOT a freelance position.
- To work on this role you need to either:
- be located and permitted to work in any of the countries within -+ 2 hours time difference to Germany (CEST).
- be willing to relocate to Germany.
We are partnering up with heycar, an automotive e-commerce company that aims to change the way customers find and buy their dream car. They are a fast-growing start-up based in Berlin, that in the past years expanded internationally. They are currently being active in 5 different countries in Europe. Their focus is on vehicle, dealer and service quality. They are heavily user-centric and apply cutting-edge technologies in order to become market leaders.
They have partnered with leading brands and are proud to have Volkswagen, Daimler, Renault, Allianz and RCI as their investors.
Why we love heycar:
heycar have been a partner of ours since we started our journey - We practically grew up together!
Throughout the years we have placed over 60 freelancers on various projects of theirs and all have come back raving about how amazing it was to work with their teams.
They are solving exciting technical challenges (internationalization with one platform, performance optimization, micro-frontends, multichannel marketing), work with a nice tech stack (React, Next.js, Kotlin, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker).
Here is a tiny snippet from the life you could have at heycar
Or you could read some articles posted by members of their Product and Engineering team here: https://medium.com/heycar/engineering/home
The Team and Goal
Currently, they are hiring for two teams:
- Emerging platform: The goal of this team is to look at previous market roll-outs and create a platform template to be used for each new market entry.
- New Markets: This team is actually rolling out the platform to each new market. The work includes implementing data sources and adapting the existing technology into the requirements for the new market.
- You are a proficient Kotlin developer and experienced with other JVM technologies
- You have a broad knowledge of cloud computing, AWS and Terraform
- You understand the mechanics behind both relational and non-relational databases, how they are different and where to use one or the other
- You have developed an API under microservice architecture
- You are an excellent team player who ensures that knowledge is shared between all team members
- You are agile/scrum proficient and deliver well-tested and reviewed releases
- You have experience with rolling out platforms to international markets, running and scaling them.
- You have experience in Ecommerce and/or Classifieds
- You are not afraid to ask challenging questions that help in driving the product forward.
- Work closely with your Core engineering team, localised tech teams, Product Owners and designers - as well as senior business stakeholders, to further develop the international tech platform
- Create and maintain backend product and features
- Contribute to the team's work with peer reviews and testing
- Work closely with team and the backend community across other teams to build and scale backend services for their platform
- You will participate in team discussions, bring ideas to the table and write clean, testable, maintainable and performant code.
- You will bring all best practices to the table and apply the latest technology to ensure a great end product.
Why you do not want to miss out on this:
- You are joining a hypergrowth company and have the chance to be part of a huge success story. The sky is the limit. They are just starting their international expansion and will launch in 5 new markets this year alone. In this environment everyone can take ownership. They are looking for entrepreneurial thinkers to build the business with them.
- heycar uniquely combines enterprise impact at startup speed. Enjoy the best of both worlds.
- You will work with an experienced international team, which values open communication and strives to create an environment where you can truly be yourself and the best ideas get implemented.
- You will work at fast pace, with focus on doing the right thing and constantly raising the bar for the customers. User experience is at the center of everything you do.
- You will be given the trust to work where and when you like. Remote work and flexible hours are a given in heycars outcome focussed work culture.
- heycar invests in talented people and provide a working environment fitting your needs. Get support for your personal and professional development
What to do if you are interested?
Send us some details about you via the form below.
You will undergo a three stage interview process and if all goes well, the offering stage.
- One cultural fit/personality interview.
- One technical stage together with an expert in your domain.
- One final interview with the hiring manager.
Refer someone and get €2000!
Know someone who is a fit? We pay €2000 commission for successful referrals. Simply introduce your referral to us via [email protected] If you are not comfortable approaching them, you can also just give me their name (and maybe a way to reach them) and we will reach out, without mentioning you.