Your Team responsibilities
MSCI’s Cloud Application Integration team develop services to automate business processes and implement data integrations between firm systems and external providers.
As an agile team we also lead testing and evaluating various new technologies and provide consultancy to other application teams.
Last but not least as our internal clients are from all across the organization, you will have the chance to meet and chat and work with people from wide range of business domains and learn from them.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and maintain cloud application and integration platforms with team lead supervision
- As a cloud developer, have the affinity and the willingness to learn and embrace new skills and technologies
- Implement software for back-end functionality (data APIs & data integration, data processing, authentication, caching)
- Implement software for front-end functionality (data visualization, stylesheets, self-service interfaces)
- Setup and maintain the health-check and systems monitoring tools
- Setup and maintain the build, release and deployment tools (Azure DevOps, Terraform, etc.)
- Setup and maintain the underlying components (compute and database in Azure PaaS/SaaS platform)
- Participate in the release and deployment activities
- As 3rd line support, troubleshoot issues, devise mitigation plans and create bug-fixes
- Document and track your work in MSCI’s ticketing and knowledge base systems
- Evaluate new technologies, create Proof of Concepts and specify/document the architecture
- Work with IT peer groups on joint engineering projects and requirements
- Work and collaborate with non-technical business lines, e.g. HR, finance, legal, etc.
- Knowledge of .Net frameworks (ASP.Net MVC Core, Web API2, EF Core, etc.)
- Hands-on cloud computing experience (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Relational database programming (SQL)
- Developing with ASP.Net Blazor Server and/or Blazor Web Assembly
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS)
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience developing web-based applications in a professional environment
- back-end development in C# .Net framework or .Net Core
- have a high-level understanding of and willingness to learn front-end technologies
- Good English, both written and oral
- A University Undergraduate (BA) or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent fields.
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.