The AI Developer will help IQVIA building the next generation of smart machines in the healthcare domain. You’ll be part of a team of 30 to 40 team members working exclusively on AI projects within the Global Technology Center of IQVIA.
- Write production-ready code in Python, applying best practices
- Develop and deliver software using Python, applying the corporate SDLC and support continuous integration and continuous deployment of the micro-services.
- Implement robust and performant back-end functionalities using Python
- Design and implement microservices and APIs
- Contribute to solution architectural decisions
- Create low level designs of functionalities in alignment with the solution architecture
- Undertake integration of 3rd party services
- Optimize system performance and enable scalability
- Work on the automation of AI processes
- Participate in code reviews
- Implement unit, functional and integration tests
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent Python 3 software engineering skills
- Ability to propose low level designs of new functionalities
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience working with message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka) is an advantage
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (unittest, pytest)
- Understanding of Design Patterns and Data Structures
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL data repositories
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and experience working with Gitlab
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and microservices architecture
- Foundational knowledge of Machine learning is an advantage
- Experience with Elasticsearch is an advantage
- Experience with Test Driven Development is an advantage
- Experience with DevOps processes and tools is an advantage
- Experience working with AWS services or other cloud services is an advantage
Minimum Required Education And Experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other qualitative discipline, ideally with specialization and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning or other related fields.
A minimum of three years of professional post-academic work experience with a Master’s or additional years of experience at BSc level will be considered. Strong mathematical/computing science background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Marking, or similar.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.