With a more than 30-year history of presence, ingenuity and leadership in Hungary, today, Citi Hungary operates as a unique global bank providing a wide range of world-class products and services to large local corporations, SMEs, multinational clients, financial institutions and the public sector. Together with our Citi Service Center Budapest, which was established in 2005 and provides services in various areas of Technology, Operations, Finance, and Risk & Control for Citi-entities worldwide, more than 2,000 employees working at Citi Hungary.
Are you passionate about Technology and Software Development?
Did you ever wonder how stability and soundness of a bank can be guaranteed?
Would you like to be challenged and unleash your expertise to work on Python and C++ projects?
Join Citi’s Enterprise Technology Solutions’ team as a Python/C++ Developer!
The Python/C++ developer is responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with Citi’s Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
As a Python/C++ developer you will:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas.
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users.
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement.
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality.
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes.
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Fluent English knowledge.
- University/college degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience – C++ is desired, Python is a must for most of our work.
- C++/Pyhton design and development skills with thorough understanding of STL, design patterns, multi-threading and software development paradigms in Windows and Unix environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts, Google Protobuf, Messaging like JTIBCO, MQ, Shell, PERL, Linux/UNIX.
- Prior financial or risk domain experience.
- Prior exposure to Market Risk domain and understanding of VaR, valuation engines, Time-Series.
- Familiarity with build, deployment and debugging processes.
- Knowledge of financial products and industry fundamentals.
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects.
- Long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- Work in strategical projects with high exposure and management visibility
- Flexible work arrangements
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Paid Parental Leave Program: At Citi, we aim to support families through all life stages, and do our best to help our colleagues manage work and family life, we provide additional support to our employees (maternity leave and paternity leave) on top of the local legal requirements
- We offer recognition of your efforts through our compensation package with added benefits:
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms in our buildings
- Pension Plan Contribution to Voluntary Pension Fund
- Group Life Insurance
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting