Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
Job Code: 00194008
Job Family: Research and Development
Job Function: Software Engineering
Hello! We are Avaya Cloud. We exist at the intersection of cutting-edge Contact Centre solution, technology and creativity in the Cloud. Our Avaya cloud-based contact center makes experiences effortless, seamless, and context driven—memorable across all touch-points for customers and the employees who serve them.
2022 is about growing our Cloud-based solution space. We are looking for a Cloud Application Engineer, that will be part of a global, virtual Advanced Cloud Engineering team, helping to build a meaningful cloud engineering disciplines, combining systems and platforms to develop creative solutions to operational problems. You will be a critical member in a team of curious problem solvers, with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you will support the successful delivery of solid solutions to high visibility projects. All rooted in an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As a Cloud Application Engineer, you'll be collaborating in a team focused on running better applications and systems in large scale production environments.
- Design, develop and test cloud applications and microservices
- Assess, troubleshoot and resolve application level (Tier 4) problems working with other cloud teams
- Participate in RCA, hotfix or feature development and testing
- Focus on using automation to improve service quality and prevent problem recurrence
- Engage with other development teams throughout the development life cycle to influence new designs, architectures and standards enhancing large scale system performance and stability.
- Influence, design and support non-invasive solutions for security updates, platform upgrades and architectural changes.
- Evaluate new cloud technologies and tools to meet solution and business requirements
- Software development experience (preferably with Java) in agile team
- Experienced in development tools and APIs
- Familiar with Configuration Management and Container solutions (Kubernetes).
- Familiar with development is public cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills